July 22, 2009

FUN in 3D

For most of my childhood, my Uncle Ken lived with us, so he is really more like a brother than an uncle and therefore his kids are more like my nieces than my cousins. I love his girls! And I love, love, love getting to play the Aunt Steph role.

Today I took my "niece" Emily to see Ice Age in 3D. We had such a fun time. The movie was good too! I haven't seen a movie in 3D since Jaws 3 which came out when I was about Emily's age and it can't even really count because I was so scared and had my eyes closed most of the time. This time around I got to see the whole movie. I don't know if Emily can say the same though. 3D is still a little scary when you're 7. :)

So excited for the movie to start!

Am I a great aunt or what? Yep that's M&M's AND gummy bears in her popcorn. lol
Man, we look gooood in glasses...

During the movie Emily kept pulling her glasses on and off and one of the lenses fell out. It was pretty funny. I gave her mine and sort of got the lens squished back in but we had to document the look...this is my favorite!

Unfortunately she had to take one of me too.

When we got back to the house Ken and Rachel had chicken tacos ready for us. Delicious!!! Today was a pretty great day!

3 comments:

  1. So Fun!! The one lens pictures are hilarious! I wish I could be there too. Emily is soo flipping cute. I love her. I totally agree, I claim her as my niece too. Gummi bears, popcorn and a coke sounds pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a super fun aunt!! Will you take me to the movies if I come to visit too? miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ROCK, Aunt Steph! You can come visit & take Paige & Allison to the movies anytime. :) I'll even make chicken enchiladas for y'all.

    Make sure you try the Berry Blue Jello next--it's particularly "slushee-like" with Cool Whip! - JEN

    ReplyDelete