July 22, 2009

This is Not a Test

You know when you get the emergency tests on the radio? You hear the "Beeeeeeeep...this is a test of the emergency broadcast system, this is only a test." Well, here we get these ALL the time...but they are never a test! I'm always hearing "Beeeeepp...this is a flash flood warning, head to higher ground. or Beeeeeeppp...this is an extreme thunderstorm warning or Beeeeeeppp...heavy storms with golf ball sized hail is expeceted, get indoors and away from windows." Nothing ever happens but we are always warned. This place is wacky.

2 comments:

  1. You are seriously cracking me up!! Man, I needed a chuckle today! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Radio!! It's like the black one I have :) I would freak out about those warnings. Mom is so crazy she would prob say "lets eat dinner outside tonight or something" she never gets scared or worried - even when she should be!

    ReplyDelete