June 27, 2009

Enjoy the Silence

It's almost impossible to describe how quiet it is here. After going to dinner with my uncle Ken, I was sitting out on the back porch tonight and it was still about 98 degrees but in the shade it was actually pretty comfortable. I love the dry desert heat!

My mom made all of these little bird feeders along the back wall in the back yard and while I was sitting there I noticed that I could actually hear the tiny birds popping each individual piece of bird seed in their beaks from about 15-20 feet away. It is really that quiet.

These pictures don't do justice to the view but I took them all from my backyard at 8:15 pm tonight. It stays light pretty late here.




There are lots of lizards and they are way bigger than the OC variety. Here is one of my friends that hangs out on my wall.


This is the view from the other side of the back yard...






So, it's been a very quiet Saturday night for me but I actually enjoyed sitting in the silence and taking in my new surroundings.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That's quite a beautiful view! Enjoy all your new views and sounds and weather in your new place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great view!! Man, look at all that spaaaaaaace!! Space & silence are hard to come by in ol' O.C.- you have to pay BIG $$ for all that! How lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful desert mountains. I love our dry heat too--fantastic! I watched the clock last night--we get dark in the summer around 10 pm...and even then, it's still more "dusk" than "dark." It's what I love about summer! ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete