February 23, 2010

Craftapalooza

My cousin Keri came down and stayed with us for President's Day weekend and she and my mom and I had a gigantic craft-fest. We made these really fun pincushions. This one is mine..
Keri made the first two in the picture here...
I made this one too. Here it is in progress...I had to make millions of those little fabric yo-yo's for this thing.
Keri and my mom made some wool flowers to use as lapel pins or hair clips.
Then we made satin flowers for our hair. They are really fun and easy to make. You cut out circles of satin and then melt the edges of the fabric over a candle flame and then stack them up, sew them together and add a button or a rhinestone in the middle. We made lots of these!
This one was my favorite...
So, I've had my fill of crafting for a little while. 3 days of crafting fun is a lot! hahaha!

4 comments:

  1. those are sweet! and i am so jealous of your craftfest. i wanna come play!! they look awesome and you did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your pin cushion is so cute! Good job on the craftiness :) I like those hair thingies too. I'd love a gray one :) hint hint

    ReplyDelete
  3. Etsy anyone?? Goodness... you guys could TOTALLY open a shop & sell those lovelies! I LOVE crafts!! ;) But, seeing as how I met you in a rubber stamp shop, I betcha you know know that already. So, tell me, what do you and yours know about felting? That's next on my list of things to try (closely beating out making those stinkin' cute flowers you guys made!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh sooooooo cute!! Can you teach me how to make both of those sometime! For reals?

    ReplyDelete