January 13, 2010

Valley of Fire

My good friends Kim and Joe were visiting Vegas from Minnesota so I drove down to meet them and we spent the day at the Valley of Fire. I had never been there before and it was really cool! You drive through and see all kinds of crazy rock formations and petroglyphs and petrified wood and you can hike around and check things out too. It was so fun! Here are Kim and Joe looking adorable!

Yeah, so I climbed all the way up there to check out some petroglyphs. It shouldn't have been very scary but since I'm terrified of heights, it was pretty freaky for me.
This is what we saw at the top...
We saw some Big Horn Sheep roaming around. I had never seen them in the wild before so I was pretty excited! The pictures didn't turn out very well because they were far away and we were driving...

The rocks were really pretty and it was the perfect day for hiking around. It was in the high 60's and sunny. :)
We kept seeing these little rock piles all over the place so Joe had to make one too. He was so proud!
Kim and I had so much fun sitting in the back seat catching up. I miss the days at Option One when we could chat on the phone all day and get paid for it too! Such good times! I think I got a little bit of my MN accent back for the day too...don't cha know...

After such a fun day, we headed back to Vegas and I said goodbye to Kim and Joe and met up with Jodi and the Phyllis who just happened to be in Vegas too! Such wonderful timing! We hit the buffet at the Luxor and ate like crazy and laughed ourselves silly! It was such a fun day and night!


1 comment:

  1. Fun!! I love Kim - When I have a kid she better hook up the cotton candy cart for the baby shower - LOL :) I can't believe you climbed that thing! so sketchy!

    ReplyDelete